Tuesday, January 5, 2010

... you moved the finish line again, didn't you?

I indeed finished my short story in time for the deadline only to have them extend it. Being a writer, it means a story is never done, so I'm going to work on it a bit more. They have a dual second anthology also coming up called Magic in Trafficking/Trafficking in Magic -- I think I have a pretty slick little idea for that one inspired by "Don't Stand So Close to Me" by The Police. No, really ... it should be fun. I love it when bad guys get their comeuppance, and that's what this one is all about. I'm also going to be trying to play a game of "hide the protagonist" in it, since I'm enjoying screwing with short story structure so much. Hopefully, you won't actually figure out who the protagonist is until the final scene.

Other than trying to finish off a couple games, I'm trying to stick to my promise not to play any more until my book is done. That'll be rough, considering I haven't started it yet, and I keep waffling on which one to write. I have so many ideas and not enough time. I'd love to sell a screenplay just to be able to write full-time.

However, three games came out this week that I want: Bayonetta, Divinity II, and Darksiders ... I only have giftcards to get one. So sad ... I may just have to go with the dragons in Divinity, though.

For those who haven't seen this, it's amazing - someone auto-tunes a bunch of scientists including Carl Sagan and Richard Feynman ... I honestly can listen to it over and over, truly awesome:

No comments:

Post a Comment