Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The computer should just type what I think.

I'm completely exhausted. To be honest, I don't really know why -- I just am. Work has been very busy. Mentally, my mind is stumbling over itself trying to get story ideas in order, prep screenplays, and diagram novels. Getting these stories right is a huge part of writing, however being exhausted doesn't help me get words down on paper.

On the plus side, I did get notice from the competition I was a finalist in - they're planning to start publicizing my win in the near future. It would be so nice to get some representation with someone that believes in me. I'm sure that would drive me to work far more diligently on my writing. I guess writing without that support is what shows character, though.

In any case, I am working on a short story now that I plan to submit to a small publisher for an anthology. It's very different from what I usually write, which seems to be what I say every time I write something now. Too bad our culture prefers to pigeonhole people -- he's an action star, she sings country, he writes mystery. I really DO want to write in all genres ... but, I guess to get published in all genres, you really have to earn it.

Oh well, I do have the story mapped out pretty well. It's much more dialogue intensive than I'm used to in fiction, as it's more about relationships, manipulation, and power than heroes and villains. I hope that's what is going to make it interesting.

And now for something completely different: I traded some games in on Amazon, but I have no idea what to get. Should I get books? DVDs? More games? I'm thinking about getting Sands of Destruction for the DS ... I'll put the trailer below and you guys can let me know what you think.

NEW POLL: Check out the poll this week ... with the prospect of soon selling some of my stories, I have to decide if I want to use a pseudonym or not. The right or wrong name can really affect how someone looks at a book. So, look at the list of names - pick the one you think sounds most literary or you like the most! The poll is anonymous, so you won't offend me!



FHERU

No comments:

Post a Comment