Thursday, May 3, 2012

One TV show? Psssh ... Try three!

So, Amazon Studios has announced that they are now accepting TV series for consideration on their development slate, both comedies and kid's shows. Well, half-hour comedy - not gonna happen. Yeah, I've got some great concepts, but I'm just not that funny; humors is hard! In my scripts and prose, I get off some really funny scenes, I'm proud to say. However, being consistantely funny writing a sitcom ... Whew, I don't think I could.

Now, shows for kids - that's more my style. I actually have three concepts I'm willing to throw at this. I envision one as animated, one live action (think iCarly, Victorious, Wizards of Waverly Place), and one preschool that could be a mix or include puppets.

Having ideas is great --- but, that means I have to write up three sample scripts and a brief bible for each show. THAT is a lot of work. However, I want to get on the ground floor here. At this point, my main goal is to get enough work, accolades, etc to entice a manager to take a chance on me. Optioning a TV show would be an amazing step.

I'm thankful that Amazon is giving neophytes like myself a chance to break into the business. The day I can't submit to Amazon Studios anymore because I'm represented, guild member will be a success for me and Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment