Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A step in the right direction

I'm very happy that my family friendly fantasy THE BANDIT HERO and my anime inspired space opera GAIA 4 have moved ahead in the Story Pros screenwriting competition. That being said, it's the quarterfinals - so, it doesn't hold a lot of weight unless they continue forward. After all, who remembers the guy that came in 4th in the 50yd dash in the Olympics? A win would be really nice as I begin the crazy quest for representation.

Living in Florida, I really need someone in Hollywood with both the knowledge and experience to sell my writing. It's just the way of the world. I have to admit, I would love to be able to write full-time one day, I have dozens of ideas for both books and screenplays that I'd like to work on. Working a full-time job really makes it hard to work on more than one project at a time.

Enough griping - it's going to be an interesting summer with all the contests going on. Here's hoping I actually get some writing done as I feverishly wait for the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment