Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I have decided to enter a couple of my screenplays in the StoryPros script contest. Sometime this summer, I would like to start approaching agents and managers to try and get my career off the ground. I have an option, which is great - but, placing in a contest or two would really kind of beef up my credentials. It's hard to get read in Hollywood when you don't live there, so I need to take opportunities where I find them.

I'm still plotting out bits for my submission to a writing opportunity, while working on the expanded plot of Gaia 4 for the novel. When you create a world and know everything that's going on in it, one of the hardest things to do is to determine what to share.

Every glimpse that you give the reader shapes their impressions and expectations. Revealing to much information too soon can rob a scene of dramatic impact. If you don't reveal enough you may lose the reader or leave your world flat. So, yeah ... I've got a lot of work ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment