Tuesday, February 2, 2010

But ... but ... it DOES make sense!

I just received a screenplay analysis from a competition I entered. It was rather positive, I think -- however, they missed several salient points in the screenplay leading them to some erroneous beliefs about missing or lacking reasons for plot or characters choices. I'll have to look into it to see if I was too subtle or they just simply missed it. It could be either, really.

The funniest part is that they criticized the ending. Since I added on the ending (they called it "tacked on," which I can't disagree with), it's won a competition and gotten much more notice. Just goes to show you that no matter what you do, someone will like it and someone will hate it. I'll have to decide what to do with it - whether it needs to be left alone, amended, or cut. I have another analysis coming back in a few months, so I'll probably wait until then.

Although, the more I think about it ... the more I'm wondering how he missed the connections to the other points in the story. Hmm ... I'll have to ask a third party to read it, and then quiz them a bit about whether something makes sense. However, I have to admit, I didn't want all the answers to be spelled out - I wanted people to work for it.

Anyone want to read a genre-bending action-adventure-horror screenplay? If so, just post below or contact me on Facebook.

I've narrowed down my possible pen names for my writing to the two that received the most votes -- please pick the name you like best over at the poll on the right! It would mean a lot to me.


Just thought I would throw this video from Deep Space Nine in, since I'd pulled it up for a post on Kotaku. Garak is one of my favorite characters from TV ever - check this out, it's hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment